1) Jory wore my aunt’s baby outfit today and I can’t even tell you how cute it was. I have to show you. Also, “back then” people were apparently unaware of how glorious crotch snaps are on baby outfits, so I got annoyed and didn’t leave her in it all day long.
2) I have a post in the works that’s a bit more “deep” than I usually post, or I guess leaves more room for haters to make snide remarks, and I’m hesitant to publish. Even/especially since there are probably like 5 people who still read this blog and I’m afraid of not getting comments then I’d feel all dumb for putting it out there. It’s not super duper introspective or anything, I just usually don’t discuss my marriage, and this post does. Ok whatever, I’ll probably post it this week I think, haha.
3) Jory has been waking (about 5 minutes after I put her down for the night) screaming, and does so for about 3 hours most nights. It’s so hard to get her down for the night. Once she finally falls asleep for good, she usually sleeps all night, but those first few hours are killer since that’s when I prefer to get work done. Good thing she’s cute.
I ate salsa at dinner tonight so I’m wondering if spicy foods are the culprit, BUT she had edamame for the first time today so I guess maybe possibly a soy intolerance. So much to discuss with her doctor tomorrow, which leads me to…
4) Both kids have “well checks” tomorrow at the pedi. I don’t know if Jax gets shots or not but I fully anticipate that he will freak when the doctor examines him. We shall see, I plan to talk it up before hand and he does well with his actual doctor usually. Anyway, both kids in one fell swoop, I’m scared. Regardless, Jory will have shots, and that promises to suck.
5) My house is an absolute disaster. I can’t stand when things aren’t in their place and clean, so it would be really really great if my kids could nap in sync for once so I could get it all done. I don’t dare do it in the evening when they go to bed because of the aforementioned restless sleeper & it would make noise, so naptime is when it has to happen I guess.
6) Penny is growing on me. As I mentioned before, I feel bad that it’s taking so long for that to happen, but I should have expected it. She’s not Bella, no dog is, and it also isn’t easy for me to let myself get attached to another dog when I see how quickly that could be taken from me. I’m working on it. Her chewing on everything really drives me nuts right now but she’s been losing teeth so I know it’s just something we have to power through. She’s pretty cute, too. ;) Those eyes get me every time.
7) Jax has declared Daddy to be his “best fwiend”. Sadly, it appears that his Listening Ears are only currently picking up the frequency of his dad’s voice, so tantrums and punishments are abundant these days. This too shall pass, right? Related: THREE IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN TWO.
8) Jory can clap. It’s essentially the most adorable thing in the entire world. I don’t remember Jax doing it til much close to one, so I thought it was a fluke but she does it all the time now!
(sidenote: this video gives you a liiiittle peek at the insanity that is my day-to-day life lately. keeping Jax from bothering Penny and making her bite or lick him, which makes him squeal and yell, which either entertains (YAY) or scares (oh no.) Jory and makes her cry. It’s loud here. And we’re all apparently always (as my mom says in the video) just a little bit excited. ;))
This video may look a little scary but Trav is an expert at holding her like this, she wasn’t in danger, promise!
10) Jax loves the color orange and I don’t know if that is why, but he always subs that word into words he says. Like “orange box” instead of “juice box” (not because he drinks orange juice boxes, he doesn’t! he calls his puree pouches that!). And “Orange Bob” instead of SpongeBob. (which he is NOT allowed to watch, can’t stand that show, ick.) Also, he still pronounces “milk” with an N, so it’s “nilk”. I need to do a post on all of the hilarious things he says lately! And for the past few months I’ve been asking him a questionnaire about his favorite cars, places, foods, etc, and it’s fun to see how it has evolved, I need to post that soon!
I also need to post the “11 Things” post that my friend Alena tagged me in. It will come soon, promise! Thanks for tagging me, Alena! :)